In this unit students will increase their abilities to:
- Interpret information about electric circuits from schematic diagrams.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop and manipulate a variety of relationships when solving problems.
- Apply an understanding of concepts dealing with electricity to common experiences and practical applications.
- Recognize the importance of safety when working with electrical equipment.
- Perform a variety of activities to investigate electricity.
- Determine ways in which electrical energy can be conserved.
- Consider some of the implications of increased energy demands in the future.
- Use inductive and deductive reasoning when solving problems in physics.
- Understand and use the vocabulary, structures and forms of expression which characterize physics. (COM)
- Understand the uses and abuses of mathematical concepts in everyday life. (NUM)
- Promote both intuitive, imaginative thought and the ability to evaluate ideas, processes, experiences and objects in physics in meaningful contexts. (CCT)
- Appreciate the value and limitations of technology within society. (TL)
- Meet their own learning needs. (IL)
- Treat themselves and others with respect. (PSVS)