After completing this lesson you will be able to:
- Define the following terms: average acceleration, constant acceleration, and instantaneous acceleration.
- State the SI unit for acceleration.
- Distinguish between and gives examples of uniform and non-uniform acceleration.
- Determine the average velocity of an object graphically and algebraically.
- Estimate the instantaneous acceleration of and object graphically.
- Distinguish among positive, negative, and zero acceleration.
- Analyze velocity-time graphs to determine constant acceleration, average acceleration, and instantaneous acceleration.
- Obtain instantaneous accelerations from a velocity-time graph and use them to develop an acceleration-time graph.
- Solve problems involving acceleration using the equations for uniformly accelerated motion.
- Relate and understanding of acceleration to familiar experiences and practical applications.