Newton's Laws of Motion explain the relationship
between acceleration and its cause,
There are several types of forces. We are only going to discuss 4 basic kinds.
Applied Force ()
Force of Gravity ()
Normal Force ()
- A force which is applied to an object by another object.
||When Shelly is pushing the wheelbarrow across the yard, there is an applied force acting on the wheelbarrow. The applied force is the force exerted on the wheelbarrow by Shelly.
Friction Force ()
- Can be called the support force.
- It is exerted on an object which is in contact with another stable object.
- On a level surface, the normal force is equal in magnitude but opposite in direction to the force of gravity.
- The normal force is perpendicular to the surface at which the object is on.