Nuclear Reactors - Questions IV.3.1
Determine the significance of the following words with regards to nuclear physics.
- Three Mile Island
- 1944 - Handford, Washington
- Windscale Nuclear Incident
- NRX reactor at Chalk River, Ontario
- 1957 - Russia's Ural Mountains
- Yucca Mountain, Nevada
- 1045 - ZEEP - Zero Energy Experimental Pile
- The use of nuclear energy is controversial and students must have some background information before taking a stand on this issue. As a result, you are to:
- Research the production of electricity using: nuclear energy, fossil fuels and water (hydro-electric power).
- Be prepared to debate the issue.
Remember: Arguments should be based on reason and not emotion.